Long Artist Date in the Woods


A delicate balance these days of being restored to calmness, a place to have clarity for you soul, I walk and wander around the little woods area I've got to for over 10 years I think.  Though I've wander the woods of many forest preserves over the years...this one seems to be a grounding place. 

I'm thinking might be a mink or weasel skull...the bone parts for the eyes has broken off and the roundness from a quick google search has me thinking it's that.   But...always room to be wrong.  Any ways this white color popped up against the green, brown black earthiness so I had to pick it up and set in on the mossy log.  

I saw this little catch weeds all lined up against the log here in front and behind.   They remind me of the cute design of flowers for artwork stamps that share the same look. 

I've seen this before and did a bit of research and this is a Praying Mantis egg sack....isn't it cool right at head height.  Then need at least a good steady 50 for a period of time before the hatch and we've been having it up and down during the day but the nights have a be over 50 so soon.. 


Here is a box I found over a year ago and I looked for it again as I wander this way in the woods.  it's a little log book and not sure about what...there's a little battery operated fan, a pencil, a pen, a pad of papers with dates and a piece of paper I left in there when I first spotted it.  I left this this time and felt that I might be disrupting something...none of my business right ? 

I do love to wander...

 

Comments

Popular Posts