What is a Concertina Sketchbook?

 


Yesterday Morning I took off on a moment of creative bliss...made the cover and folded some papers together, did some hand stitching to extend the length of the Accordion pages or some like to call it Concertina Sketchbook in different parts of the world. I've got a ways to go on this one before I'll get it up on the Lonecrow Studio teaching site, though I'm working on it between yard and garden work. 

From my understanding a Concertina/Accordion sketchbook gives you a different perspective of substrate organization.  As both of these kinds of books pull out and the pages are connected together and fold back in onto each other. 

As usually I'm a bit obsessed with it....locking in like a dog with a bone.   This came to me in the middle of the night and I could sleep. I've not had that happen in a very, very long time.  So to add some drama and exciting which switches things up a bit I jump in on this process of creating a few and videoing the process for future class. 

Comments

Popular Posts