A Early Morning Walk


Small pool of water in the tall grass area. There was a burn before winter and that left the tall grass mounds. And what I thought was interesting was the pattern of the grass that are floating in the frozen water, looks like a bunch of logs...and I wanted to get a better look at these for the pattern. 


Culvert with some frozen water pooled up and the ringlet how cool is that. 



And Gracie and I came across a few doe's walking across another prairie area.  She doesn't bark at them which I'm glad of, we can just watch them as the move on by. 

Golden Rod stem with leaves till on and hang in such a picture prefect row. 

Close up


It's Perfect Form, Nature 
8 x 8 
Collage on watercolor paper

#040422-TDT, "It’s Perfect Form, Nature", 8 x 8 artwork finished piece with mat and backing 12 x12, ready for a frame.

 Materials Used: 140lb. Watercolor paper, gloss medium National Geographic stenciled with Gloss and resist with Never Dull, Gesso and acrylic on old atlas, wax crayons, graphite pencils, stenciling and stamping. Sealed with a UV Satin Varnish.

Meaning behind the art: The last week I got out twice to the woods to walk between the rain showers we have been getting, no complaining all part of the spring weather.  As I walk, I observed the tall grass field that had been burn last fall, there are these grass root mounds and then create an area where some water had pooled up.  It just fascinated me to see the way the tall grass stems lined up in a rhythm creating a wonderful pattern.  Then I spotted the golden rod stem that still had there leaves from last season leaning hanging all in a row. That draws my attention. This piece of three different papers were inspired by my walk and the words on the back of one magazine page, “show it’s perfect form.”  Doesn’t nature do that, show us her perfect form? 



You might have to click twice on the arrow...depend on all the wonders of the Internet. Ha. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts