Moving into uncharted territory


Setting myself up...what is that all about? I have to admit I was getting board with my process a bit and when that happens its time to give myself an assignment.  I have done this before and there isn't pretty areas all the time but there is exciting of trying and doing something different.  Taking a risk and see where it will lead you. 


Limits are good in many ways. I learned that early on in being a mother and through the creative process of all things made with my hands. If this is all you have and are given this items what can you do with them? Can you see the possibilities?  Can you create with limits?  Yes not always easy but you have to stay open and willing to try new things and seek guidance for sure.  The guidance, inner knowing or intuition of the creative process has a spiritual side to it and there is sitting in the unknow.  Not comfortable but when you trust that the answer will come and stay open the limits become a way to grow.  


 The Art of Seeing
18 x 18 
Collage, Brown Bag on Wood panel with image transfers, waxed book thread, machine and hand stitching of papers that were also created on Brown Kraft paper.  The handles of this bags is something I've always been excited about, but this time I left the be. Circles are a shape of wholeness and unity. The image transfers of the wooden Mankins have showed up i past works and will continue to show up. The represent us, faceless people in the world, which doesn't have to be. This is the 6th piece in this series of using a Brown Bag with twisted handles. Though it's the same materials I push myself to do something different. It's hard to copy other peoples works and styles but when you work with in your space of creating you can create with no limits as long as you stay open to trying a different approaches.  Yes sitting in uncertain of how something will turn out isn't comfortable.  But I hear that's good not to get to comfortable. Change is always happening why not let it be with in your own uncharted territory.  

Comments

Popular Posts