Flashback to the Collage Totems

Ideas, sketches, a plan....leave room for change. 
Each Totem, has 2-6 x 12, 1-12 x 12 and 1-12 x 48, though the lay out is different with each one. 

Purchase of the wood panels. 

Preparing the surface with acrylics and taped edges, wasn't sure what the sides would be, stained, painted or framed. So I tape them off so not messed up. 

Photo of a deer I took and blow up on my laser computer to use. Laying out design. 

My painted pony was on one of the collage totems. 

preparing image transfers. 

a Mock up of one 12 x 48 panels, more panels will be attached, but all 12 inch across was the plan. 

another panel beginning to grow. 




After the panels were done my Husband make a frame for the pieces and this is how they all stayed together with the same measurements space between the panels so the wall that it would be hanging on could be part of the work too show through. 



Here they were part of a exhibit at the Tall Grass Art Association in Park Forest IL the other 40 x 40 behind me was also one of my works that was separate piece and bolted together. I made this in 2015 so there 7 years old. Stored in my home and will be exhibited in June 2022  at the Anderson Art Center in Kenosha WI. 

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for finding this information for me. I was not aware that Blick had panels this size. I think of you often as I work on my collages. What a gift to have you as my teacher.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Sandy, I do like a long vertical as much as a square format...Great to hear from you~

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts