Brown Bag Obsession's


Sometimes I read and witness a creative soul set up an assignment to see if they can carry through with it. Starting with a list... Seeing what sticks and what doesn't as ideas pop in and out. 

Going into this last week and this I've been staying open to Changes, there is stuff going on all the time inside us and out. There is stuff that we don't normal think about that effects us and we want to blame it on something, like the Full Moon.   Energies that we don't think about in ways of effecting us. 
From a few post back about Connections of Energies you might want to take a peek, it's like a check in for us all. My crazy type 4 on the enneagram has me trying to connect things, that might be way I enjoy the connection of the shapes and colors, there relation to each other. And bring odd elements together. 
Starting with papers...there's another attraction I have and what can be done on the surface, it's an alchemy of sorts.  


I started off with the papers at the beginning of this post and it was the color green and then the rest I just in awe about.  Simple materials entrenched in a creative spirit is all I can say and explain. 

The list of my brown bag series...my guidelines of sorts
  • Brown bags with handles
  • first layer gesso, textured
  • ragged edges
  • mounted on wood panels
  • continued circle and symbols theme, I think
  • I want to stay in earthly colors but I already know it won't happen but maybe a few color studies will come from it. 
  • More inspiration from Inner Compass Cards
  • Using meaning behind words to inspire what we fill up on, like what is put in the bags.
  • Purchase small bags of different colors not shinny and hoping to sand them to add some character to them.
I have this laying on the collage tables getting lost then found again.  Reminding me what was my inspiration.  I read it then I kind of let it go and then come back to it. All along the way saying to myself "Yes, that's what I was doing." 


Take Courage was a piece of collage I made so many years ago and it's sold. But the papers and their textures had me locked in. Also the faceless people, or wooden manikin photos I took for these series. They are appearing again along with the brown bag handles. 





This brown bag came out this morning, I called it "Inner Spirit"  
created on a brown bag, how it will be framed or displayed I'm not sure how. 
It just felt so good to work with the papers, colors, shapes and different papers making a abstract self-expressed of good energy. 





 

 

Comments

Popular Posts