Seeking Wisdom


 Sound silly but I carried around the book yesterday, from up stairs into the studio to down stairs on the kitchen counter.  Hope to start Julia Cameron's new book Seeking Wisdom.  I have a book Finding the Mother Tree that I read before bed...about 10 pages a night...and I have a book soon The Reluctant Artist that I will be starting in February with a group of artist on line and my morning mediations...

For a gal that had the hardest time with reading when I was younger and comprehending what I read and didn't like to read. I've flipped that coin over.  Still have a time comprehending but I'm more gentler with myself.   

Fill my mind and heart with meaningful things and stuff that helps stay on course with life.  Call them Mentors within the words on the pages. Storyteller, that I can relate to and be guide by. 

So this morning I questions what I should do stretch out a bit and some yoga or start the book.  Guess what won out. I can still do my yoga stretches this morning but the comfort of Julia's flow of words was a welcome friend.  She has been my spiritual and creative mentor all through my life. Way before I started the art business.  There was a time about 4 years that I wasn't very creative art wise but with having babies there wasn't much time for anything but the creative acts of being a mother.  

How great this book is called Seeking Wisdom and Wisdom is my word for the year.  Synchronicity as she calls it. Good Orderly Direction is another way to look at it...all I know is I'm grateful to have said yes to reading the intro...and I'm savor the pages for the first week through the day and week.  

Comments

Popular Posts