From a Collage Sketch Visit

During one month late Spring Early Summer in 2018 I venture into the sketchbook and started a series of collage sketch to them pull from and create larger for an Exhibit.  The piece you see above is called Dance of Energy.  The focal point of cut papers that have font on them is where the dance is at, the outside arrangement of papers is where the music is coming from.  In this collage sketch I loved the way the movement was allowed to happen by using the different papers. 



Jumbled Communication
8 x 8 with 2" mat 
Final size 12 x 12  

After that month of creating the sketches I picked a few and use collage papers I that I created except the cut up font.  That came from magazines.  For what every reason in 2018 the outside influences of communication skills where all jumbled up, nothing sound clean and clear any more. Being able to express this feeling is how I process through the collage work. By the time I was done there was a deep understanding in myself that I was in good standing with my own life. 



Close up, sometime the nature of the collage is to have visible textures and some ripples in the paper adds to the character of the piece of artwork. 

 To purchase, Visit the Art Market 

Tuesday Tidbits Newsletter, Love Boxes and Workshops 

Comments

Popular Posts