Brown Bag Collage Art - Attachment

The fascination with circles, strike marks and houses or our home.  There is a Mulberry succulent stripped bare of it's outer coat and was made into a batch of handmade paper this summer the bare stem I saved for things just like this. Movement of lines are all over the place made into the gesso with a tile trowel all on a Brown Bag. 


Walking with Gracie one morning I happened upon this safety pin.  They use to be such a bit thing when I was little. Used for attaching things together, mainly with material. This helpless tool has found it's way in my artwork.  Even my husband saw it sitting on the counter and said, "Cool where did you get this safety pin?"



 Attachment is the title of this piece and it's a 12 x 12 Wood panel that the brown bag is tack on to. I have to admit I love the assemblage of it and the elements and objects in the it, though the movement is very powerful and I know it will be hard for some to view it.  As I realize over the years of creating my art, not everyone will get it and that's just fine.  The most important question is...does this piece of art express that inner meaning and understanding? 

Black and White, Contrast for sure and always has been. we study it in so many ways in art and in our thinking.  As I age into my elderhood the black and white is so much more a graying of perspectives. The need to be so defined by things, words and opinions is a difficult one to swallow.  The tension of it all does make for some wild ass movement don't you think? 

House or our homes,  I moved a lot when I was little, because my father know how to be a fixer upper. It had it's pluses and minus.  But our homes have been a very grounding aspect to us over the past years. And for those that don't have a home...my heart really aches for you.  It's a thing but that thing provides so much security, and sense of stability.  Then you may have contrast to this kind of attachment as your home life growing up may not have been good.  The shape of a square symbolizes Stable, and the Triangle on top of the square symbolizes Goals and ideas. A home is a place if feel most attached to for the grounding birth place of ideas and goals. 

Safety Pin, it held so much together and now it's broken...what can I say speaks for a whole lot more then just what we thing of it as.  

This Brown Bag Collage arts are being created in a series for the Woodwalk Gallery, I'm not sure how the will be received by viewer but they a place of coming to some odd kind of acceptance so one can move forward. 

Comments

  1. Love this piece, particularly its black & white contrasts and all the movement in it. The movement in the piece also contrasts with the calm and stability of the house. Very impressive and powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Laura, Not sure if I started off that way but it came out anyways...I like it too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts