A Greater Knowing is guiding winds this morning.

 


I've been working with a group of Wonderful Soulful Women sense July and it's with the Book Wiser and Wilder by Kaya Singer.  Most of us worked this book twice and other only once.  I found that the second time around I really ate it all up.  So we are now about to complete the second around and as you know a good book club is hard to let go of.  We are very creative women elders and we have been aware of our gifts for awhile and at this point in our lives the support of each other the continued education we have at our finger tips is something you don't stop doing.  

I'm one that is aware of the constant change we make as human beings, be it by choice or by trauma moments and the ways we deal with it. Also the ways we can continue to grow and be of purpose in our lives first with ourselves and with others.  

So I remember awhile back looking up what Self-Actualization and what that means.. it is the complete realization of one's potential, and the full development of one's abilities and appreciation for life. 

Then I'm lead here: 


Abraham Maslow, a humanistic psychologist. He described self-actualization as the process of becoming “everything you are capable of becoming.”

A wonderful grounding of needs to be met by each human being. This all became apparent with reading Wiser and Wilder and each chapter guide Soulful Women to presume their path in entrepreneurship. Working with ways Woman natural work in their lives. 

Here is an article about this philosophy. There are many more google articles out there but this one resonated with me.  A (Realistic) Guide to Becoming Self-Actualized  A moment of progress not perfection when I read all this in my life studies I've been a natural self-actualizer I guess you could say or Self Check so you don't Wreck yourself type - making adjustments as I go.  What does this have to do with Creative Art Business and being who I am....A hell of a whole lot! I'm not my business but who I am bleeds with in and out of my business so as I learn and grow so does my ways and means of life. 

But I would still like to not bash our men folk, on the business front mostly because there is good knowledge there and we don't have to invent any new wheels but to honor our ways has been pressed so far down it's a struggle for us most times...so much mind games...anyways that's not where I'm going to rise to with this blog post.  

Something in me a Greater Knowing has always lead me to a spiritual way of believing from the Native American's. And saying this I want to add that we have the freedoms in the United States to have beliefs or no beliefs to guide us on our earthly walk. Please don't forget that freedom.  

So I lock in to more researching and happened not by luck but by serendipitous this PDF Article... Insights Emerge with in the Exchange of New Ideas  

The foundations of belief and thought and spirituality has an understanding now in me with good sound grounding.  I'm not happy to find out that it was another thing adapted by our Native American's that was not recognized in it's true light.  Geeze people...again not where I want to rise up to. 

To continue as a Woman's Book Club I've just taken you on my intuitive journey of making sense of things and not. All in all about making a better choice for our Book Club of Women Creatives.  This is getting bigger then I and I question the dear rabbit hole I'm entering...as for myself this years word is Wisdom and when I pick a word it has a life of it's own.  How about the Conceptualization of Wisdom in the Native American Community.   The seeking of wisdom is not about getting it and then your done no more learning after that..  it's a part of a natural cycle and season in each of our lives if we choose it.  

So making the connections on so many different threads of thought...I am a woman in the beginning of her elderhood that is witnessing her own wisdom and is joined by the support of other woman, empowered in our gifts. Our purpose is to use them as best we can now~  

So all this then also leads to a book I read and keep returning to... The Way of the Medicine Wheel, 

I can hear my husband and some close friends saying Laura, "Stop already, Just stop!"  But I'm filling myself up with good information for the changes I can make and to stay positive with all we have been going through the last few years...being part of solution of knowing different and acting on.  That's a purpose beside collage art making that resonates through me.  Thought it is filter with in my art making practices. The knowing and wisdom now is we are so interconnected it's silly truth~ 

Comments

Popular Posts