When you least expect it


Yesterday,  I received an email that this piece sold.  I was shocked, we have come to this time and day that the button get pushed and there you go.  
The thing or  problem is the packing and shipping of a piece this long.  So I was all excited and started cutting up a box and doubling up things taping the heck out it. Though it's already heading out of UPS today. Thank you Pat for selecting this piece of art.  

Sharing my materials and thoughts about this piece. I have to admit there is still some little roots still attached to it or threads some may say. 

#092021-TDT, "Full Moon Cottonwood” 9 x 33 Collage on 100% rag paper, matted and framed

 Materials Used: 140lb. Watercolor paper, Gloss medium, acrylic painted drawing paper, gesso acrylic painted Brown Bag paper, dictionary page with image transfer, Sanded magazine page, Never dull crinkled paper, sewing machine leaf stitch, Intense pencils, glazing with acrylic, wax pastel crayons, sealed with a layer of UV satin varnished.

 Meaning behind the art:  This past week on Thursday we had to have a tree cut down that was sick and dying. Very sad it’s been on our property way before we were here some 36 years.  I really was surprising effected by it and with all that and now a full moon my one daughter shared, “Mom, just feel your feelings and let it go.”  And that’s just what I did, so many time in the past things would well up inside and there’s the instinct to stop it but that’s not natural we’ve been conditioned to believe it’s not good to cry.  Heck when I’m with my woman folk it rises and falls all the time as of waves of feelings and tears.  I think we need to do this more; it’s what humans need to do.  So, when there’s a full moon rising the word is to release and let go so it all unfolded as it should.   I was guided to thank Mother Earth for provide the tree this life and to honor my grief and spread some tobacco in the dirt where the tree was.  I listened to my Elders.


Comments

Popular Posts