Last section of my Vision Board, Mushrooms, Hanging exhibit


I pulled out the card I made at the beginning of the year. In fact I made 6 of them as I sectioned off my vision board so that I would have it to work with on an more intimate level.  Though the November and December time can be full of holiday festivities I see it as a time to calm down, to close my eyes in thanks and gratitude for the years gifts.  The coyote medicine always there in having me be attentive to my own behaviors. The elder with her eyes closed, feeling the cool winds and air that come with this time of year. Trees are bare too leaves are falling not but will be mostly done by the years end I'm sure. The Big Letting Go I guess you would say from the trees. 


As a neighbor down the street, has a tree being trimmed up a bit, a might sycamore I asked the tree trimmers if they could cut me some logs. Three would be good and I walked home and came back with my Van to pick them up. This was the beginning of the month of October.  I learned that you have to let the newly fallen logs sit for a few weeks before you can Inoculate them with the Mushroom starter. Because if to soon the natural thing a tree can do is to act what is being put into them.  As a defense to damage as much as they can but when you let them set a few weeks that defense goes away. So I've done that and now I have them place in my flower bed of sorts and they will stay here all winter and spring. 


Can you see where the husband drilled the hole and my daughter Bernie and I put the cheese wax on to seal the hole.  Now we let go somewhat and keep it moist through the year and by fall I should be seeing Oyster Mushrooms.  I had wanted to start Shiitake Mushrooms but the logs does dictate what is best to grow and this sycamore is a softer wood and the Oyster are the best for beginners.  Which I am at this mushroom growing. 


Time now to haul the artwork down stairs and in the van.  I need to get there this morning at 9 am before the Indian Prairie Public Library Opens.  This will be great as the public won't be in just yet and I can move around with a cart and stuff to do the hanging. 




 

Comments

Popular Posts