Do you ever question?


Close up on detail work.



Who Are the Wise Women? 
24 x 24 
Collage on Wood panel

This piece was stated in a class I was teaching at Naperville Art League, Collage-Sketchbook to Wood Panel.  I have a few students and we created some collage sketches and then from there we create papers in likeness of the sketches we made.  Then we took our sketches and made a few more composition adjustment.  I personal like to call it working the composition.  Now the piece above could be placed on different angle to read the words better but that's not what I want to have happens nor want you to feel about this.  
My work has always been about the making and understanding of the inner and outer works of life around me.  And hearing of all the changes in the world for all people of all races and ages and genders.  It just blows my mind, no really.  I'm also reading the book Wiser and Wilder by Kaya Singer with a wonderful group of women in different stage of their creative lives. Be it recently retired or begin creative careers.  
Samples of the compositions before I started on the large piece. 

As you can see the magazine page I used had different word on it, The Man who took the prize and I crossed out the word Man and replaced it with Woman...but by the time it came to the surface of the real piece I was making my thought were on the Question Who are the Wise Women?  And the answer I receives when I ask that is YOU and ME....

We have our own wisdom to be working from or opportunity from, time to get that tuned up and going again.  Listen, learn and process from your own wisdom, life experience and all knowing place in your heart. This is a statement piece from a deeper place of self. 

Keep asking questions, not good to get to complacent in our being and surroundings and I just shared this with a friend over the telephone.  I'm look at my work and questioning it's directions and wondering if there is some change with materials, colors and meaning?  A great place to be for an artist, though uncertain at times still a good place to be, and that's with a Open Heart willing to be present. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts