A bit of randomness



Today I take down my collage work that has been hanging in the library for less then the full month. Indian Prairie Public Library, Darien IL.   Grateful that I had the opportunity to hang it there and the space so large to hang many.  The work that goes into preparing for a show is much like preparing for a Thanksgiving feast.  Well for me that is, a good week or so before. And in the end it's all done and everyone is full and we clean up and go on.   Touching base on all four sections of self, physical, emotional, spiritual and mental.  The excitement of it all and the let down of it all.  

I was reading something about trust this morning and it is the making of of life, we rise and fall to grow and learn, a process. 

At this point physically I will be taking down the work and wrapping it up to go home and store for the next event.  Not sure when that will be but I will have artwork to present if that comes up.  Oh wait, I will be in June 2022 at the Anderson Art Center in Kenosha WI.   That's on the horizon, road trip too. Touching them holding them the artwork that is, triggers emotions from the process of creating them. 

Emotional part of this....seeing all the work I've created.  Sometimes I forget I've done this in all sizes on all surfaces. It's like they get created and stored away and the emotions go with them till I see them again and as I shared the trigger inside of me, things I have no words for at times...just raw feelings. So to exhibit and show the work there is a very real aspect of exposure going on too.  Exhibiting you work of any sorts you open up to all sides of your emotional states that could be open to get hurt too.   True but there is something in us/me that reveals it, feels it and heals it through the whole process again and again.  That rise and fall, to grow and keep learning more. Life and purpose pushes us forward at times. 

Spiritually I'm in awe at what comes out and how it presents itself.  The aspect of understanding and making sense of life gets worked before, within and afterwards in the completion of it.  I know its not just me doing this, fore sure it's something bigger. The beauty of having a spiritual relationship through all directions and when least expected a sale, and it continues to happen, you believe and stop questioning and show up and trust in this aspect of spirituality with in the work you create. 

Mentally the well being of going through all feelings and staying as sane as possible has been the gift that has been giving to me and I'm just so thankful.  I honestly couldn't see not doing some from of creative activity in my life and to face some challenges has been scary and risking and sure there has been area's that hurt emotional but mental facing them keeps it in reality to manageable steps.  It stimulates my presence here on earth to bring to other's inner and outer awareness along with mine.  

I type this out this morning, I'm ready for a new selection of my work to be hung in Glenview Library, Glenview IL, this Wednesday Dec 1st.  I could say not my first rodeo of hanging and just check it off as nothing but it is a bag of these four aspect that I am always working with in all parts of my life. When I truly take the time to be aware of this I'm again in awe with each event.   

The take down is a bit of a let down but the hanging up is a rise of new directions of grow, physical, emotional, spiritual and mental.   Checking in with my humanness is always a good place to start and end.  Rambles of randomness all good and a balance sense of it all.  
 

Comments

Popular Posts