Preparing for a solo exhibit



Yesterday I blocked out the day to get as completely ready for a solo exhibit our my local Library. They have done some wonderful renovations and more galley space has been added.  I said yes to both the first floor and the second floor.  I have 37 pieces of artwork in this exhibit.  Said to say I could probably curate two more like this.  Not with the all the larger sizes but I have the artwork. 

I remember when I was starting off and read in a book before you start to exhibit have at least 25 piece ready to go for any show.  I must of turned on the over achiever knob.  No really it's a good advice.

I have my title cards ready and my price list,  I need to have a nice new artist statement and I would like to frame it so I can hang it next to one of my piece on the first floor.  The part of writing that lost steam as I put in about 5 hours to get all ready for this.  I did pull out the work and look at it next to each other. Some older ones with newer pieces.   

The Hanging of this Exhibit will be Nov 1st,  I'll be at the library probably all day...Just part of how it goes.   I had thought about this part getting prepared,  I do feel it's an extension of self but to pull out look at it's something of an odd thing.   I remember reading about Robert Rausenberg, I would create a piece and get it out of the studio fast.  And move on to the next one with fresh eyes.   He's work was recognizable but so different as of subject matter.   Go into the process of pulling out the work I had made to make a choice about which ones will be shown also brought back memories of what I was working through in life and what I was contemplating about the moment too. I have to admit there are times I just don't want to go back into some of the feelings and other times I flooded with what I have done in these 26 years.   

Job well done and not on to preparing for Wednesday when I leave for Wisconsin, The Clearing where I have an Abstract Collage Landscape Workshop. I'm truly thankful I'm able to continue doing what I do in the times that we are living through now with still Covid 19.   
Mask on, to Create on is what is being done. 




 

Comments

Popular Posts