Deep in thought, next creative action

Contained Happiness
8 x 8 Collage on Watercolor paper 
a Tack Down Tuesday piece. 
my thoughts when I created this piece, 

Grounding myself after a wonderful week up North with some special ladies and the hosts of Dillman’s Creative Art Foundation…I went to the white paper first and with lines in my stash of papers. I was reflecting on my trip some time back to Milwaukee Art Museum where I saw the Kandinsky exhibit. Playing with the lines and layering the paper always makes me happy.  And I cut up my big piece of paper I made up there and brought in some piece of it in this collage.  The rest of it went to my journal covers I’ll be making in the next few days. ( this was May 27th 2017)




Taking some extra time this morning to have reflection and contemplative thoughts.  I can't wait to get to the next class, Tree Spirited Woman and take a walk and do some art journaling with the students.  Sound funny?  I've been setting up classes and workshops with a self need.  The classes are something I truly enjoy myself and see a need for us all to explore.   

Having many interests and likes can be a tough one to handle and do sometimes.  The creative maker in me is just really delighted to be doing this all.   

Coming from a place of spirit, interconnection to all things living and the needs of us human beings to make sense of our lives.  Little ways of doing that with art materials on a page in a art journal is the direction to go.  Darn I say, "called to go"  I'm listening lately.  


This was from my horoscope this morning... Gemini 

We can only reach a mental and emotional place in which we truly feel like authentic individuals when we choose to do what we do because it fulfills us rather than to attract the attention of those in a position to offer validation. While recognition can be both sweet and satisfying, we address the needs of our souls only when our motives come from within the very depths of our being. For this reason, we must feel a strong connection to the choices we make if we want to fulfill our purpose. Some paths will prove more rewarding than others, but there is no substitute for the pride we feel upon knowing that we are following a destiny that is uniquely our own. You will no longer feel ignored today when you remind yourself that your desires are not related to outer-world glory but are a product of your wish for fulfillment.

In Awe~ 

Comments

Popular Posts