Mushroom Conference "Newbie"

Our first night together we had a key note speaker in this lovely Prairie Center. 

I spotted this book on the table so I took a picture of it so I could purchase it later.  Which when I got my sense about me I ordered it the next day after I got home. 
 
First experience with seeing them Identified.  Honey Mushroom, I wouldn't now them till I seen them at least a few times in the woods.  They change those mushroom all the time. Fast growers. 

Some labeled dried mushrooms,  I heard if you can dry them natural in the sun then they adsorb 
the Vit D. pretty cool,  Right? 

One of the trails, Rock Ledge trail we were at. 

                  Here is looking off and out from the rock cliff.  Such a beautiful day. 


Here is a line of Women help each other drill holes in a Oak log about 2 weeks old and putting in plugs of Shitake or Reishi mushroom starter.  There's a name for it but just slipped my mind.  I helped a friend of mine that invited me to come with her make a log to take home. The Mushrooms will take a  year the first time around before the emerge. Then after that it doesn't take to long.  

 


This is Linda Conroy and She the woman that started it all as of the Midwest Women's Herbal  This was the Fall Conference Mycelium Mysteries.  
Watch for faunaflorafunga.org  this is all very much about the gathering of the good medicines and earthly living with saving and passing on what is good wisdom. 
The amount of women there all ages all sizes and all wonderful personalities and the best part was the food with mushrooms.  I really came back feeling very good. 


So this morning I was able to take Gracie and I to the Woods and walked and reflected on everything and I'm still in awe but I did purchase some mushroom to start cooling with. Oyster's in fact. Going to try on of the Chicken chili dishes.   I would really like the deserts too...but no recipe were shared. They were all gluten free. So maybe that's why I feel so good or was it the fresh air, woods and women folk?  


What a beautiful region of Wisconsin, Driftless area. 





 I left a little natural circle on the path this morning...
that's all I could fit in Gracie was so excited to be out for walk. 





 

Comments

Popular Posts