Ask and you will receive



 My encounter with her,  A Praying Mantis,  I was going to take a shower before I left the house but decided with the humid air why after a walk in the woods I will be heated up and need another one.  So Gracie and I venture out, water bowl and leash here we come.  

Feeling a bit low and trying to catch up or something...no eddying yet...caught myself and if I was the beauty of an gentle Eddie in the creek or stream is mesmerizing at times. My body reacts to all the information coming in and this time good stuff...as possible new Workshop venues extra.  Having much to do at home and with the art biz and teach stuff I whirl a bit. Knowing that a good walk in the woods is always the medicine this elder needs.  So we walk my four legged girl friend and we come to the opening, which I've always thought of as sacred and walk a few steps and my eyes when right to her. The praying mantis hanging upside down.   My walking is a way to meditate.  A motion meditation, get a rhythm going and the endorphins and I'm in my happy mode. Connecting and being smaller then all the green life around me.  

I know that this insect, creature has great meaning in some cultures and here we would walk right by and not notice.  

Another statement popped up in my meditation before I head out to wood while doing my morning pages.  The contrast with a Doing being and a being in the Beingness is this.... The pure beingness is in no reactions and no judgement. Calmness and a sense of connection is in observing reality in truth. 

I'm in deep contemplation on this all and so grateful I looked when I did.  She totally changed my perspective of the view I was walking around with in my head and lack of truth from my heart.  She's hanging upside down and look how she looks like the tall grasses. Totally amazing. 

Comments

Popular Posts