Story Time

 As I would sit with my Grandfather he taught me to break things down to their simplest form and build them back up. 


I've always looked at shapes as a wonderful foundation and the process of working with them as symbols too with greater meaning. The triangle, has a wonderful meaning of ideas and goals.   
A great book to learn about them is Signs of Life 

So my foundation was laid out for me so long ago. To learning about process and putting things back together. As I look back now it's a place that I can fix things, though be it only with paper and glue it's  become a very loving and comforting process I wouldn't ever leave behind.  
 
As I continue my journey with paper, glue and scissors the thought about creating a problem to be solved is really strong with learning about composition. Who wants to create a problem, don't we have enough problems?  This is a life journey I take every time I lay out the papers. From a sketchbook to the surface of a wood panel after making the papers in likeness of the magazine papers I chose.
20210716_155657 (1)

Sometimes the composition I start with is questionable. As you see the collage sketch above. Very dark on one side and lighter on the other. (Asymmetrical in balance) If it was turned to a Horizontal, it might be more pleasing. 
20210716_155657
or with the lighter at the top, 
20210716_155657 2

Sometimes the composition I start with is questionable. As you see the collage sketch above. Very dark on one side and lighter on the other. (Asymmetrical in balance) If it was turned to a Horizontal, it might be more pleasing. 



So to challenge myself and see I can work with the collage sketch from the perspective of Vertical composition. Stepping out of comfort, I continued through the workshop with the students. Questioning my choice but also looking for a way to fix it, which has me pulling from so many choices but the final one is how it lays with my own creative heart and soul.




I love design 
and I will never understand it fully,
 that's way I continue 
in the mystery of a good problem 
to be solved with the beauty
 of so many choices. 

And for the Cube Junkies, 
remember this book? 


Tack Down Tuesday's...Tuesday Tidbits and much more can be Read Here  


Comments

Popular Posts