Revisiting the Three questions that matter

 

2021 Vision Board, Grounded and Three Questions

This year reflect on what stands in the way of your becoming a person of Essence and Perfect Equanimity.

“Get yourself grounded and you can navigate even the stormiest roads in peace.” ~Steve Goodier

Equanimity-It is the ground for wisdom and freedom and the protector of compassion and love.

In the end, an artist’s Life is grounded in integrity and the willingness to witness our version of truth. There are no set markets that assure us of safe passage. This week focuses on personal responsibility for our creative caliber and direction. Self-respect lies in the doing, not in the done.

Grounding has both spiritual and physical benefits.  Grounding is the process of connecting yourself to the earthly plane and bonding with mother earth. Native American’s believe that mother earth is the source of all life and is a great teacher to be observed, listened to and respected. Her energy is nurturing and restoring, assisting us to bring and give life to our hopes, dreams and ideas.

Science tells us that the Earth is abundant with energy, particularly electrons, which have powerful supply of antioxidant effects.   When you connect with the ground, preferably via bare feet, you can absorb large amounts of these electrons. Effectively you resonate at the same vibration as the Earth.

Experiments have also proven that undertaking grounding exercises, it can alleviate pain, reduce inflammation, improve sleep, balance hormones and in general enhance wellbeing.

From a spiritual perspective, just as in electrics, grounding acts as a safety switch keeping us safe from being energetically overloaded from the spiritual plane.  We are spiritual beings (who are having an earthly experience) and even though most of us are not aware of it we often receive information, guidance, and inspiration from above. However, if we are not grounded, none of that is able to take form nor channeled into something of structure.

Grounding also empowers your work (whether it is of a spiritual nature or not) as puts the physical and spiritual bodies into alignment. When we ground, we too bring unyielding strength to our being, enabling us to take necessary action.

The act of grounding also allows us to bring our spiritual messages or divine guidance into existence so that we can communicate or create what the divine is imparting to us.

Another characteristic of grounding is that you can release (ground into mother earth) unwanted energy or negativity as well as excess energy. Mother earth works in such as way where will take that energy and transform it or utilize it.

It is advised that your ground yourself daily or at the very least once a week. Trust your intuition as to how often you need this. In essence grounding assists you in being more present in life, therefore if you are having difficulty in being present – ground yourself!

 

Grounded means-Accepting who we are and feeling at home with in ourselves.

Who am I?

Why am I here?

Where am I going?

Comment from an Elder I know... We live in a world of flux and it is easy to be knocked off balance. but after we have done the groundwork to answer these three questions and can answer them succinctly, we are now on a good solid foundation from which to move forward. Think on these questions.  Make attempts to answer these three questions as part of your periodic checkups from the neck up. You will find for the most part that once you are able to answer these three questions even if the upheavals of Life knock you off balance you have a good sense of where you can find that balance again.

The Call to answers is upon me this morning.... But the answers may have started in the head as you can read but ended up for me from the heart.   I was getting anxious about answering the questions. I do them annually and it was not coming till this morning.  Everything has it is time again I am reminded.  I will look at this often throughout the year.  I will print them out and have them in my morning page journal as I move through the year, I will be present to their really meaning.  Sometimes I even journal write more about them then just listing them.  Whatever is to be this new year I am Staying Open as much as I can.   This does not stop life from being life, but it centers, grounds, and helps me balance through life. 

 

Who am I?

I am an aged woman

I am an aged married woman

I am seasoned and cycled and happier for it.

I am tired from last year’s events, death, virus, and illness of loved ones.

I am an artist that works with paper on many surfaces

I am becoming whole

I am letting go of so much baggage of my past

I am a resilient person

I am a quiet loving caring and consider partner

I am a contemplative one

I am one that likes to work through things with my creativity

I am a fire started inspiring people to come to gather

I am one that follows through on what she says she is going to do

I am pretty much happy

I am one that does have anxiety

I am one that forgets I am not doing this alone; I have a higher spirit in the Greater Spirit to help

 Why am I here?

I am here to be a good supportive partner to my husband

I am here to be an elder

I am here to be a loving daughter and daughter in law

I am here to work a good 12 step program and relearn about life

I am here to be a creative person

I am here to teach others to be creative

I am here to work with my hands

I am here to continue a generation and pass on any wisdom I have

I am here to learn about balance, centering, and grounding

I am here to walk my talk and talk my walk

I am here to witness life and share my experience

I am here to Listen to others

I am here to have good friendships

I am here to love with all my heart and be vulnerable

I am here to share a life with a wonderful man

I am here to practice a spiritual path with a human path

I am here to be a student first and then a teacher afterwards.

I am here to see that my inner knowing has been a steadfast way all my life

 Where am I going?

I am going in to elderhood

I am reflecting on my life

I am going to settle into the still moments of life

I am going to keep life simple

I am going to continue good healthy eating

I am going to continue walking in the woods

I am going to take some time to enjoy my husband company

I am going to continue creating my art from a raw part of my soul

I am going to make some hand made paper in this new year.

I am hoping to do some small travels again with art workshops

I am going to be a good Listening to ear for my family and friends

I am going to pray and meditate more with the Greater Spirit

I am going to continue my work with myself in my daily practice of journal writing

I am going to continue my art and processing of life with my art.

 I would like to walk a Labyrinth

I would like to drum and sing more this year not just in the woods but with others

I would like to see the bison close by us in Joliet IL.

I would like to do more kayaking

I would like to visit my mom

I would like to go on a trip with my husband to see the ocean.

I would like to look over life stuff and make some plans for our retirement.

I would like to live the width of life not just the length of it.

Comments

  1. This is very inspiring and I for one thank you for being open enough to answer the questions in a very visible way. I will keep coming back to this page to remember what you have taught me. Thank you. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome and thank you for visiting the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts