Task completed


 I was to go and hang out at the forest preserve with three other artist friends, sitting on our chairs and spread out just chatting and maybe some art journaling etc. Best intentions but all was cancelled.  I was going to bring the Prayer flags I was tacking down on the cotton clothes line.  So I sat outside and did it instead by myself and enjoy the outdoors.  We had a 80 degree day for spring and how perfect it all was. 

I spent most of the day out side,  even planted a few more things and made up some annual flower pots to be next to the tent poles.   What I was reflection on was how when I was younger I did spend lots of time by myself and outside.  It felt great to be doing that again and with so much gratitude and feeling very blessed to so this project.  

The situation is the tent sides with the winds blowing the other days with Gusto I had a few sidewalls tear.  The whole situation with the tents is old, they have seen there days some years back in art fairs etc.  So to purchase new sides I found out every tent manufactured has a different set up from how the side walls are attached and the thickness of the poly sides etc.  So with the husband help we did some reach for regular white tarps and how we could hook it up ourselves.  They will be coming on Sunday or Monday.  7 x 20 long tarps that I can use bungee cords and secure them to the trussit frames of the tent.   I'm hoping they will work.  Once I get going on the paper making I would like to be able to open and close it as needed and the sides are for protection.  

I've had a lot of time to reflect and go through the empty nesting and I have to say that I'm enjoying the peacefulness of the home and less drama.  Never was it terrible drama but just family stuff.  It's like I'm on a retreat all the time...doing what I want to sort of.  As of tending to the house and yard plus all my crazy creative ideas to manifest.   To each their own I know I'm living a good simple full life and happy and delighted for that. 

The movement of the flags is something I like to see, I also like to hear the chimes and the storm bell the husband made one year for my birthday.  With the air and wind this is something that keeps on giving.  rambles...but reflecting on the element air~ 

Next is working on some piece of art for an exhibit coming up in June, the husband and I are working on it together...a bit of blacksmithing and paper arts.  

Comments

Popular Posts