I begin the largest Scroll yet

I have a project that I started a bit late but not going to bet myself up about it.  Really I didn't know how I was going to work this all out but now I know a bit more then I did before.  


It's a scroll that is about 19.5 feet long with handmade papers that I made over the course of my papermaking career and I have machine sewn them all together and will display them in an exhibit mid June.  What I can see happening is a spontaneous reaction to the day or days and using recycled, organic and mark made papers to hand stitch them to the surface of each session as a sketch.  

At every seam there is gauze and some paper made with wooden marbles and raw umber paint.  This creates a beginning and end to the sections and the papers.  
I still have no idea of the end result but the adjustments and choices are going to be the best art of the installation. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts