Mainstreet Art Center, Lake Zurich IL

 So very happy to be starting the year off with a workshop, First one this year.  I'm at Mainstreet Art Center in Lake Zurich, Frankie and Jay are the directors here, keeping it all running smoothly.  

Part of the process is creating you own papers.  A tough job the first day of the two day workshop. I do try to pack in as much as I can in my workshops. 

Creating a resist with Gesso and stamping patterns and such on found papers like book pages and sheet music etc. 

Sanding some magazine pages with our stencils and templates. Always a fun reveal for the students. 

Piece of magazine page with purple acrylic rubbed in. 

The stained tissue papers bring in a rainbow of color always. 

Then I have the palettes of stain left over to dry.  I'm collecting this time and going to see what I can do with them or not. Got to have a good variety to work with before you have an idea...right? 


We will be heading into this direction today, assembling the piece together and creating this vertical abstract Landscapes. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts