Sharing the Whole Selection of Collage Meditations



Playing around with the Gray scale before the Challenge started...I have the students work  with these shapes  instead of a circle or a strip in the usual value study.



 
7 Gray Scales
Let us always begin with awareness. Opening up our senses in ways that awaken the sleeping parts of our creative souls. Values are important in you life and art. Reflecting on the Collage Meditation Challenge.


7 One Word Collages 
What ever we wanted to do for our background we did, that was a free space and spirit. One word was to be picked to place with our collage papers we picked out. For one week long we only focused on the one word for that day. I'm hoping you were able to see the changes that each day allow for a visual entry and document of the day. So they are different from each other...the self needs a place to express, let go and create beauty.
7 Days of One object. 
Third week we were to pick one image without a word or words. Spending time with the image as though it was telling us how to create with it. Sections in relationship to the object/image was something we all focused on without realizing we were doing.

7 Days of Gestural marks and shapes. 
Art has been a go to for me from a very young age and the importance has made a huge come back, with self-expression and letting out feelings. What is seen in this weeks is the ability to make choices and see how they make a difference. Cutting piece of paper is nothing...everyone can do that but placement and arrangement is where we let go, seek and listen to our inner voice. The balance of the elements is sought...but when one knows that and decided to place things out of balance on purpose there is a moment, a statement that stick with us and makes us question. Why did the creative maker or artist place that shape there?

Final 7 Collage come together with  2 x 2 Collages 
This time slot has completed and ready to start some other series or scroll sketching...go a violin to complete too. But it's been a nice break from same old same old routine. 

Working small and mighty might be the statement for these little ditties as I call them. The Cherry on top for the week we have been challenged to stick it out, show and do. These will be in my sketchbook and stay there for a hearts delight later when I open up the sketchbook and look back at what I've added to fill it up. And because they are little that have been where we focus to get the point across in the minimalist way and using all that we learned with all that we have been through this month.
(pulled this from the Lonecrow Collage Studio Facebook Group)I know there were many that joined the challenged and didn't show your work, my hopes are that you enjoyed the practice and variety of focus and awareness with in the weekly exercises. Creating art is a life long learning. I like to think I'm not done learning about it and the process till the day I die...sounds morbid but it's true. Not claiming to be all that...gosh that would mean I headed in the wrong directions with everything. So I'll cut this short and thank all of you for the journey we shared and the ones we will continue to share. There are more course I'm looking forward to see from and I'm sure you are too, so stay tuned to the Lonecrow Collage Studio where creative happens one piece of paper at time...Now where are my ✂ . Love you all and thank You for showing up!

Comments

  1. The gray scale flower is just perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts