Day 6 and some Weathergrams

My walk the other day had me asking the woods if it was alright to use the gall that was used already to put in my journal.   The Gall is a something the Golden Rod does when a certain kind of wasp lays it egg in the steam of the plant.  The plant sends major energy to the spot and blocks the odd object which really creates a wonder safe warm environment for the wasp larva.  Till a little bird like a woodpecker or finch poke a hole through and snatch that larva right up, like Fast Food.  Any ways I was able to cut it in half the Gall that is and sew it to the tea bag and used some black walnut dye spray and a stencil with tiny holes and the rest is intuitive  The writing is just the words Golden Rod Gall over and over upon itself.  Day 6 of tea bag art...30 minutes, 30 days, 30 piece of art...processing along the way too. 

Weathergrams


I shared an idea with my Walking in this World Course about Creativity is a Spiritual Act and I'm in belief of that...I have a friend that is dealing with so major body ailments and she in need of peace, acceptance courage and wisdom.   So I made two...Lunch bags cut keeping the fold I tucked in a piece of watercolor paper and machine sewed the square top where the string will be tied on.  Red during the winter months is so eye catching I though it grand for these Weather Grams, I'll be sending her one for now and the other one that the words didn't print so well will be hanging in my tree...I may make more or not...I need more red feathers...


 The weather grams hang in the tree, not to be taken down and allow the prayer and the spirit to tend to our needs with it.  Letting go and letting the environment take care of it is a good practice.   I do this with my prayer flags too...sounds like I have a lot to let go of right...just a creative act in prayer. 

Comments

Popular Posts