Creative Acts....banish pressure

 

Part of my Gemini horoscope this morning, 

When we understand that the most vital goals are those associated with our well-being and welfare, we are better equipped to devote ourselves to objectives that we deem personally important. Rather than bow to societal or other pressures that would compel us to overwork ourselves, we accept that rest is as important as labor and therefore have little trouble prioritizing our lives in an individualized way. This may mean that our overall progress is somewhat slower than that of our peers, yet we are less concerned with pace because our focus is centered on our ability to achieve a state of equilibrium in our lives. We nonetheless accomplish much during the time we devote to our objectives without feeling stressed, since we seldom spend time on insignificant tasks. Though you will likely continue to feel busy today, you will no longer feel wholly overwhelmed once you have prioritized your agenda.

First Task in the Walking in this World book by Julia Cameron, to read her words a mentor for many years. I enter and begin again with the connections and inspiration. 


List 20 small, creative actions you could take. 

1. Clean my shoe situation out

2. Wash all the tile floors

3. Burn the sticks from the yard, make wood ash for the garden.

4. Continue the online course I started in August. 

5. Send out a thank you card, one of my sewn ones. 

6. Continue the Medicine Wheel healing process, lots of journal writing. 

7. Create a Nature Mandela on one of my woods walks. Leaves are starting to fall. 

8. Purchase two books shelves. 

9. Sort through my books and put them on the books shelf, process for clearing space in the     studio. 

10. Make tomato bisque soup, I have a great recipe

11. Make bone broth

12. Clean the outside of my wood kitchen cabinets

13. Work on a course for Coptic stitch book making.

14. Start an Eagle piece of Art to continue my series. 

15. Make a new small daily journal/note taker...love pen to paper. 

16. make a batch of chocolate chips cookies. 

17. Make love

18. Take a trip to see the Bison

19. Drum in the woods again

20. Make a pot of Chili, 

21. Fix my homemade taco seasoning...to hot and spicy...make another batch without the         chili powder and combine it. 


Looks like a to-do, list but its a list that is of do able act that move you forward and make room for other doable actions...

From above....

This may mean that our overall progress is somewhat slower than that of our peers, yet we are less concerned with pace because our focus is centered on our ability to achieve a state of equilibrium in our lives.

I read this and thought about the processing this year so far and the steps personal I've been taking and the progress with the online courses and the website etc.  I  have to say that while doing this I struggled with the inner ego on many levels.  From seeing what others where doing on Social media and not moving faster with my own progress as for the website etc.  I remember having a self talk about this...Laura, you want to do this and it's been in the making for so many years and set aside.  Not that the website is all that but the learning process about doing it is a big deal.   Like a big horse pulling a wagon I need blinders on so that I could stay in my space at my pace and I also looked at how my own accomplishments would be the goal.  Along with other personal stuff...healing, I just had a dear friend tell me you look calm and relaxed.   I was shocked to hear that.  My inners are feeling that way and to hear that it is seen on the outside means that I'm working on the centering and equilibrium in my life.   What a great complement I thought...cause I work towards it and to have it be seen is a gift.   A state of peace all the time is not possible but to bring oneself back there is possible.  


Rambles.. 

Comments

Popular Posts