Noodling out some ideas....

 I'm wanting to do sketch and also areas where I add a see through section of collectibles from walks in the woods...or nature finds like feathers.  

So this scroll sketch roll I did a while back...and I will turn the design angle a different way so it hangs out of the hole in the violin come down.  


I had taken away the stuff on the violin that left me with just the bones, and cut my hole out for the box...made the book and then had to repair the bottom part of the violin because it was thin and broke...there just student grade and are pretty beat up by the time I get then and bring new life in.

I sanded the finish so that I could put two layers of gesso to prime it and wasn't sure if it would stick or stay on...and it did...so happy for that then I gave it a coat of mat medium and let that dry....yesterday I was able to re-sand it and then do a glazing of raw umber...not to coat it a few more times with mat medium to build up the outer layer I figure. 

Funny how you get a idea and I had an hunch it would work but was a fear if it didn't how could save the violin and keep work with what had and learn from my mistakes...

I'm truly delight to see it worked. Now to see of the rolling sketch will and what else I will do with the outer parts of the violin.. maybe a image transfer too.  oh that would be cool....staying open is so exciting at this point.

Tuesday morning sketch added in....

Comments

Popular Posts