Holding Space



Holding Space, Collage on watercolor paper,


Giving permission and encouragement  to hold space for yourselves * It is not selfish to focus on yourself * I need to sit with myself look into my own heart, bear witness to what I see there, and address it in whatever why I need to before I can do it for others. I can’t hide any of this stuff in the shadows, because what is hidden there tends to come out in ways I don’t want it to when I am under stress * Only when I am present for myself and compassionate with myself will I be prepared to host with strength and courage * Give yourself permission to trust your own intuition * Give yourself only as much information as you can handle * Don’t’ let anyone take your power away * Keep your ego out of it * Make yourself feel safe enough to fail * Give  guidance and help to yourself with humility and thoughtfulness * Create your own container for complex emotions, fears, trauma, etc. and allow yourself to make decisions that are different from what other people would make * Replenish yourself, take deep breaths, walks in nature, go for a swim or simple sit and stare at the sunset * take a longer break or retreat * Let tears wash away the accumulated ick in your soul * You can’t do this work alone and you’re not meant to* We are all meant to be communal people, showing up for each other in reciprocal ways  * Paying attention to your attention, mindfulness meditation, instead of trying to stop thoughts simply notice them and let them pass * Simply pay attention to what emotions and thoughts are showing up and when they come wish them well and send them on their way* Find sources of inspiration, music for ex: can shift the way one feels * You are not in charge of the world * You are only in charge of yourself and your own behavior thoughts and emotions etc. * Remember –that’s their story not yours * just because they yell at you doesn’t mean you’re doing it wrong * take a deep breath, say to yourself “I am not responsible for their emotion, I’m  only responsible for how I respond, and then let it go * When you’re feeling wounded by what their projecting on you, return to the points above and walk away practice mindfulness and let others hold space for you * find a creative outlet for processing what you’re experiencing, few things are as healing as time spent in creative practice * it’s were both words and wordlessness come to circle.
This is not my writing it came from The Circle Way.

Comments

Popular Posts