Surprise Saturday Reconnection


I do enjoy walking early in the morning and with two dogs I walk them.  I was out in for about an good hour and did some weight training too, then took a shower.  As I was re entering into the kitchen, the husband said let got to Millennium Park and see the Art Fest then we can travel up north where I usually go on my Father's Day Motorcycle ride.  You see this year he didn't go, I felt sad for him, the brake light then the throttle cable broke all in the morning before he left. A good thing it happened at home, not on the road.  So he missed out and our 38th Anniversary was Thursday and because of the job he has now it has him work late hours. Let say he has only two days to do anything because working and that he would like to do and well we did a day together yesterday and to my surprise it was exciting, new and good time. 


 I've heard about this Art Fair or Art Fest and have known a few artists over the years that were in it.  We were attracted to a few artists, but over all the work was so similar that not much originality to it.  Lots of photographers with works that were reproduced on canvas and thin metal sheets that hang from the wall...not impressed.  Though I'm really glad I went to see what it like in the city to do an art fair...thinking about the days that did them...I have to say I'm missing it at all.



We then head up north up Lake Shore drive which changes into Sheridan Dr...and wander our way up to the North Ill.State Beach, He usually goes to the South one so it was new to him to go to this one...Diamonds...?  not this gal she's woo'd over by round smooth rocks.   Though some of the colors might even be old bricks he said because us human's did our share of dumping things in to these waters and still do. I was in awe...had to sit down and dig my hands in. The colors and smooth shapes I wanted them all but know that was just being greedy...but I did bring a bag and gathered a few.  Ideas float round about using the smaller ones in creative projects.

We made our way back to our home town and went for a late lunch early dinner and came home.  Simple and time together in all day away from home.  We hit a point when doing a traveling event that we reconnect and get to that vulnerable state and really know each other and get each other. That glimpse of why we love each other and way we are still together.  It's never big and dramatic just goofy and simple.  We get each other...and our love ways in and out like the tides because we are part of a bigger cycle in life.


This work at the Art Fest was the most inspiring to me...check out Shelley's work-http://www.spiritkeepers.com/

Comments

Popular Posts