Joyfully playing around


Images have away of popping up, and these little tree houses are a favorite of mine and I found the artist that makes them, Yukihiro Akama. 


And Yesterday an idea was sparked and I acted on it...

 Attaching the top to the Grunge Board stuff from Tim Holtz product.  

 Hand made papers from Black Denim, yucca leaves, the India ink scribbled on the drawing paper, and the back side of the black walnut dyed papers.

Grocery bags with gesso, extra papers sewn in. 

 the tail of this piece is hand made papers and the dark brown paper is cattail paper, extra stitching with the sewing magazine that I can add in bits and piece of other found stuff that I've saved or that I've picked up on my walks. 


My palette of papers to pull from and hand stitch on stuff and fibers. 


 A tub of threads, that I've picked through resale and Goodwills.

Some raw cotton, and cheese cloth...what could that be used for?   Not sure but WOW can't wait to see. 

 little sticks and mosses...

This stick part I saved might find a place in this or at least be an inspiration for other parts. 

And today is Christmas Eve Day and tonight we will have two of our adult children coming home and a boyfriend for a simple evening of food, conversing over life stuff and possible play some games and go to bed early.  This will be different this year in so many ways.  New Job for the husband, which means he's got two days paid for the holidays, and with the weekend he's been exploring these days of being a Blacksmith..lot of sounds coming out of the garage.  ( so very happy for him) And having our children come home and the simpleness of picking names and setting a limit on gifts has taken the crazy out of the season and there is sanity and serenity. 

I myself am grateful to be playing around in the studio too as you can see.  
No snow this year, our climate is for sure changing. 

Comments

Popular Posts