Snow, Serenity and Grace of Acceptance, it's all good


Moments have come now this morning to sit with peace and serenity.  Along with my morning pages I also read a few meditation books and what every seems to call out to be read.  


I'm starting my magazine hunt for the vision board I'll be doing shortly, anticipating it is so much fun. On high alert to words, sights and sounds, burning candles, rubbing of lavender oil on my wrist...you name it. So this is the latest Breathe Magazine-Well Being Special from the UK, a bit expensive. But at this point it's a gift to myself and I'm worth gifts like this. 

This just came over me...a list of I would Likes....

I would like to purchase a chair for my studio up stairs, one that I could sit in and reflect, I might have to make some room for it but I've wanted to find something for Me up there. 

I also would like to get into Linoleum cut printing...I have a drawer full of supplies I've been collecting for years. 

I would like to paint my drums...I made three of them this year and they hang on the wall in my studio..but I would like to paint them and have leather straps and feather hanging off them. 

I would also like to attend a different drumming circle at the Tau Center in Wheaton...I'm keeping a watch on when the next one will be. 

From Julia Cameron's Artist Way Every Day- Meditation book for December 25th

When artists are working regularly, they are spiritually centered. The act of making art is an spiritual act and our daily exposure to this realm does have an impact on our personality. It does not matter what language we use to describe it. Art puts us in touch with a power greater than ourselves. This conscious contact brings us a sense of optimism and grace. As we sense that there is a benevolent Something inclined toward helping us and our work, we begin to feel a sense of companionship. Higher forces are at our side. We are not alone. 

With my Artists Way Class the circle has centered around the Crack and letting the light shine in or shine out....the wonder of letting go of perfection and the joy you receive from the imperfections of life...so much learning...and the words I share with you all... 

And from Leonard Cohen..
Anthem
The birds they sang
At the break of day
Start again
I heard them say
Don't dwell on what
Has passed away
Or what is yet to be
Yeah the wars they will
Be fought again
The holy dove
She will be caught again
Bought and sold
And bought again
The dove is never free
Ring the bells (ring the bells) that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything (there is a crack in everything)
That's how the light gets in
We asked for signs
The signs were sent
The birth betrayed
The marriage spent
Yeah the widowhood
Of every government
Signs for all to see
I can't run no more
With that lawless crowd
While the killers in high places
Say their prayers out loud
But they've summoned, they've summoned up
A thundercloud
And they're going to hear from me
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything (there is a crack in everything)
That's how the light gets in
You can add up the parts
You won't have the sum
You can strike up the march
There is no drum
Every heart, every heart to love will come
But like a refugee
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything (there is a crack in everything)
That's how the light gets in
Ring the bells that still can ring (ring the bells that still can ring)
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything (there is a crack in everything)
That's how the light gets in
That's how the light gets in
That's how the light gets in
Songwriters: Leonard Cohen

And an added thought..... To another Leonard Cohen Song...


I think my heart is in the right place....my true home is in the Spirit.


So grateful it snowed...though our menfolk had to plow as is well and good 

Comments

Popular Posts