Out on a limb staying open for a word.

The last couple of mornings the husband and I have been having mini life, human behavior kind of chats.  Looking at ourselves and our own behaviors and one of our friends and loved ones. Reflecting on area's of adjustment and change. Some his but mostly mine thinking throwing out questions, worldly things and things of more spiritual realms.   A bit to heavy or wordy for the man...but he listens and listens well.

My mornings empty out and fill up with Good Orderly Directions as much as I can comprehend. Last year out of the 4 or 5 I didn't pick a word to savor, grow and learn from.  I've had Balance, Acceptance, Intuitions, and R.A.W. (stands for Real, Awesome, and Whole)  The last word kind of carried over into to this year I felt.   But now I'm wondering what could be a word for this year.

I have all my little affirmation tailsman around, rocks, puzzle piece with 12 steps slogans, candles, journals, meditation books etc. and wonder about the word to keep me centered and guided.

Back to the chats with the Husband, he shared that I always have this spiritual aspect to my thought and comments....hmmm too funny that I was writing about staying open for the word.  Sanity comes to mind, Serenity and Spirituality.

All these words that come each hear are also a challenge for me. As the say don't pray for Patience...you just might get what you ask for as of ways to teach you about how to learn to be more patient.  So not taking this to heavy but the thought about a word this year is their.

Now jumping to something else...this statement from Finding Water... “The bottom line is that we make art about the human condition and our lives must be rich with experience in order for our art to remain vital.” 

Sure my art creating and process comes from something bigger outside of me and within, I feel that there is a connection that we are able to relate to in all and be it about emotions and the human condition of what we experience and are going and grow throw...is just totally awesome to me. 

So with going out on a limb...as this some what normal being/myself who is striving to be a better self seeks guidance rambles on about finding a word...a simple task that will help guide her into and through the new year, she sits open and vulnerable to it all. 

Added information...about the three words I have thoughts on. 

Sanity- the ability to think and behave in a normal and rational manner; sound mental health. Reasonable and with Wisdom.
Spirituality is a broad concept with room for many perspectives. In general, it includes a sense of connection to something bigger than ourselves, and it typically involves a search for meaning in life. As such, it is a universal human experience—something that touches us all.
Serenity-the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled.

Spiritual questions
For many, spirituality is connected to large questions about life and identity, such as:
·         Am I a good person?
·         What is the meaning of my suffering?
·         What is my connection to the world around me?
·         Do things happen for a reason?
·         How can I live my life in the best way possible?
·          
The word spirituality comes from root words in Hebrew, Latin, and Greek that all mean wind, breath, or air—that which gives life.




Comments

  1. Important thoughts on spirituality. It could be "The Word"....The university of Minnesota website looks to be one to go back to as well. I liked the interlocking circles diagram about religion and spirituality. One thing stands out in my mind after reading your words...emotional connections. Now you've got me thinking about MY "The Word" ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of having a word to take you through the next year, to provide focus and purpose. I will need to think about this further, as I think this would be good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reinvent. That's my word. Re-invent.
    Webster:
    To invent again, or anew, especially without knowing that the invention already exists.
    To remake or make over, as in a different form.
    To bring back; revive.
    Oh...the possibilities of reinventing my self, my marriage, my life...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts