Knowing my limits...

So picture this....

Kissing the husband good bye and jumping in a old pick-up truck like this...now this might not be your dream...but it's mine. So I jump into this and the dogs come to...we head down the road...to the studio for the Morning and maybe in to the early afternoon.

I picture this for my 60's,70's and 80's....being an artist and still creating work. So in order to do that I have to know my limits..and I mean that by knowing my time schedule, how much to commit to and what it will take to produce a body of work.  The push to market and do this "See Me Dance" I admit I do it...it's the hardest part...though I want to share with my peers and show what I've create...I so quickly want to get back to the part that bring comfort and balance to my day...

Tending the my home, walking the woods, tending to my dogs...cooking a good meal, some meditation time in yoga... Keeping my awareness and knowing my limits...I do want to try new things and exhibit my work in different ventures but some of this is like an addiction...I feel it as of one who knows about her own addiction from pass lives...

It's a scary place I've shared main time about this fight of being a humble homey soul rich in dirty and nature...to the one that has to put on to do the See Me Dance.  it's like do more, be more...go out there more...and what I'm I doing...showing me with the few books and magazine my work is published in..

Why would someone feel they've done to much...or pushed the limits...is it timing?  when to do so that it doesn't seem like you doing the dance of showing off...or is it head stuff that one has to get over..well I have to get over...

Well questions pop up and feelings are stirred,  I have leaves to tend to in my yard before it's not free to have them recycled in a field some where...and we still cut them up and mulch them...House hold bills to do and this week I will be getting ready for a workshop and  a good start on the arranging the house for some 35 or so people expected over.

One has to set their own limits for their own life and my reminder is the image in my head of driving down the road to the studio...mind you even if doesn't ever happen that way I hold it as my guide. 

Comments

Popular Posts