New collage class starting at Mayslake Peabody Estate

On with the next day....

Today I drop off the Violin with the contact person, I won't be going to the reception on this because it just doesn't work out well with my schedule. So off goes another piece of artwork to help create funds for underprivileged youth.  Did my good dead for the year..well say a few as of the other two masks.. Not that I'm looking for cudo's here, I just completed then and now I can get back to finishing some of my own personal projects.  Just got side tracked for a good cause.

I did head to the Local Craft store and purchase a few more things to replenish my supplies but I don't want to use all that plastic stuff out there I like the really things to add to the assemblage pieces.  Crabbing a bit about it but need to do some old town garage sales and stop in to some old estate sales too...might find me some good stuff.  I like the gadgets and old rusty things.

Well best get going on writing up my class agenda for


Basic Design in Collage I

Starts April 1st at the Lovely Mayslake Peabody Estate, since Hinsdale Center for the Arts has closed it's doors the faculty has found a new home with the DuPage Forest Preserve and Mayslake to offer Art classes.

Monday Mornings,
April 1st-May 6th
6 Weeks
9:00a.m.-11:30a.m.

With collage artist Laura Lein-Svencner
In any art form the comprehension of design is at the foundation of a strong composition and a sturdy piece of art. This collage class will break down the basics in design with weekly assignments in a sketch book on the Elements and Principles of design. Student will work with magazines and found, altering and repurposed papers. Simple art material such as Gesso, acrylics and mediums will be used to create their own individual palette and resource to pull from when creating their final piece of collage art.

Register at Mayslake Peabody Estate
(630) 206-9566

Good kind of busy going on...

Comments

Popular Posts