Setting a homestead for the weekend

I think about the first time I did a show and all the stuff when I got there I needed and each time I set the tent for an art fair there was more to bring...Well with the Transit I'm having to scale back a bit and think...well think it was I left behind as I forgot the main parts to hold my panels together..Funny little clips and I remember a friend of mine telling me to get rid of the fluorescent orange straps I was using to hold my weights...kind of tacky (bought some black ones)...at that point I didn't even notice...so I didn't do anything about last year but when I went the Hardware store after I had my tent/homestead set up I picked up some strap hanger..A bit of emotions hit me and I was almost in tears...out there alone setting up and don't have the right stuff to do it...I think I was a bit pissed at myself too. So gather myself together put all extra set up stuff back in tent and zipped it up...then I had to have extra eyes to help me out of my spot that I parked..you see artist just get the closes spot to set up so they don't have to haul so far...and which every way we can do it we do...and then we get a booger of a mess going with the trucks/vans and transit out there...but it all worked out...See us all out there this is when the rush starts with the excitement of people coming by and taking a peek at what we do and hopeful sales will happen.. if not I got a learning experience out of it..  

Comments

Popular Posts