What's it like to allow the day to happen?

This popped in to my head this morning...the question that is-"What's it like to allow the day to happen?"  I really don't know... and I mean this seriously,  I'm a planner and some how never really know that about myself till the last 15 years.  I tried to plan things when the kids were younger but that never worked out as of something always came up to change the direction we where going in..Being flexible is the best way to put how my life was when raising the kido's.  But as they the kido's have become more independent I've slipped in the planning and watched it fall in to place so well it scary as of how obsessed it can get with me...now I know that I do need to have some game plan on different venues but I just can't help but wonder what it's like to allow the day to happen and have no plans or a list to follow.  

Well with changes going on I have officially passed on the winter session at LaGrange...Dianne Martia is filling in that spot....I working on leaving open space for new opportunities to happen...if I don't give room for it then I get over booked and all hell breaks loose so this is a new step for me as well as all the people that have faithfully following me in my classes.. it's time for them to learn different things any way...I don't want them to be clones of Laura...not a good place to be in, more so encouraging them to be independent artists and not robots of the teacher... so to new doors opening and a walk in the woods.. Oh my frames are coming today too..all excited to see what this size will look like...smaller 6 x 12's for my small abstract landscapes I'm working on...

Comments

  1. You could schedule a couple vacations days in your planner that have no intentions but relaxation and fun. You are overdue for some down time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:55 PM

    Have fun Laura, hope you enjoy discovering your "no-list" time :) and enjoy your new landscapes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I like Doris and Julielea's suggestions. Be still for atleast a day. Reconnect. And I love your explanation about the classes. A true teacher....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts