So this is how it came to be....Hidden Language

The collage started with gestural lines shapes and a layer of Gloss Medium.  When I'm not sure where to start sometimes I introduce myself to the page with mark making. Knowing full well that I'll be covering it up. 


Combining an array of marks and shapes...with an image transfer. I had a piece of tracing paper that I sewed on like a shower curtain. 

This collage is set back into a Wood panel floating.  The gnarly bits are carpet tacks and black waxed book thread. 


Hidden Langauge
12 x 12 
Will be on Display At Starline Factory 2nd floor, Nancy Merklings Studio This Friday Night April 27th,  along with 15 other pieces in this body of work Called "Self - Acceptance" 
There is a $10 person to entry fee, its an amazing event for the whole family, Try not to miss it. 
Things are happening on every floor and some pretty awesome artists studio will be open and plenty of music late into the evening. 

Comments

Popular Posts