1 2 3 Floating Flower

123 Floating Flower
8  x 8 

This weekend I will be presenting a Three Day - Floating Collage Workshop at Naperville Art League.  We will be making a collage similar to this one.  
National Geographic are sanded with stencils and papers are made by putting on solid color and printing or stamping on the surfaces. Old book pages and other found papers are coated with polymer and read to be fused together with a heat seal iron...A tack down surprise awaits each student this weekend. 

Side view, see more depth of the papers. 

The flower section is raised up from the background and the background is raised and mounted on mat board. These kind of collages to require a deeper lip frame and Michael's right now is having a few sales so this is good for the students.  But I do show the how to work around that... As you can tell I'm all excited about thinking about the process and each steps before I knew it I found myself picking out papers and making a "Floating Collage"


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts