Sharing the process of Compassion

I had the littler brown bag gesso's, glazed some what and gloss coat on both sides, and now I'm starting the collage that will go on to the center of the bag and then the bag will be mounted on the 12 x 12 Wood Panel. 

I have a template from a sink mat that has this rocks on it. I place a magazine on the sink mat and sand the magazine with a fine sandpaper and you get a rubbing so to say from this then I can altered the color of the magazine even more with acrylics if I want then later as in this point of collaging I can cut around the rock shapes and present them in any stacking arrangement I want. 


The handle I did have to maneuver around and make shorter because it was sticking way out of the square format of the 12 x 12.  And the back ground you can see the wonderful gnarly texture of the surface. Establishing the color, painting it then letting it dry and next a heavy layer of gloss with a spreader allows me the dragging technique of pulling the medium over areas and creating some great depth that won't be seen till I do a glazing when it dry. After the glazing I give it another coat of gloss, Surface building on all realms here. 

Some like it smooth an others need MORE....and I'm one that needs more of the real life stuff not buff off and smooth, more texture that is altered by my own hands the better. 


 Compassion
12 x 12 
Collage on brown bag mounted on wood panel

This series is inspired by emotions, brown bags and beauty in the discarded and altered papers. I have one more 12 x 12 wood panel I'll be working on then I think it will be along vertical, same process but dimension will change, which will add some situation and excitement. 

Comments

Popular Posts