Yesterday's Day 3 of Embrace Design













We just used Magazine mostly National Geographic's because of the colors and the full photos.  Gave us all some nice surfaces to alter with sandpaper and templates.


 Our last day we went outside of our sketchbooks, making collage papers to create a collage with all that we learned and more.  The making of your own papers, altering them, coating them and learning about the tack iron was another day of great learning. The memory of how it starts and what one can do to the paper and then bring that to a substrate and there you have it a piece of art that your hands touched all the way through. 

The pages upon pages of the sketchbook that were filled will give them some great inspiration I do hope they continue with the practices. 

 



Our main focus was to break it down and build it up As I share with them it's a lifetime of study.  Every time I put a piece together I am making major choice about placement and how the relationship of the papers and the inner and outer is expressed just with the papers I have chosen.   It was a great three days of collage bliss. As always I give as much as I can so that everyone is filled to the brim with information and process. It was delighted to watch their progress.  

Comments

Popular Posts