Even Though

 This strong urge to pull back and do some solitude has come over me the last few weeks.   I feel new growth in many areas of my life.  What that will be I'm not sure but I'm willing to take a risk.  When I was very young I was very shy, quiet and very observant.  I remember daydreaming a whole lot looking out windows of many homes we lived in.  

Posting from my newsletter yesterday~


It is an obsession, habit or practice?  
All three I would say. 
Time for a break though, to catch up on things, to fill the well as Julia Cameron says and to realize one isn't to be working on everything all the time. 
I remember my youngest daughter ask me, "Mom do you every stop thinking about work?"
There's the sign right there.

 If you're not moving you will die, like a shark right. Isn't that a wild idea to carry around. What truth is there in this statement? I/We get caught up in it and thinking if your not out there doing 
you're going to be left behind. 
Break Time, and 
Reality Check. 

Fill your time with something, anything always be doing. Traits I have a hard time stopping.  My mom has it in her, I have it in me and I see a few of my children have the always got to do bug too. 
The doing is a thing especially with my hands, feeling, touching and creating with them. My hands I'm afraid if they ever were cut off would be creating all by themselves. 
Reality is I don't come down 
easy, from things and I'm finally getting it, I think. 
 
Where a good break has started, 
1. Listening to Art Juice with 
Louise Fletcher and Alice Sheridan. 
2. I've also been listening to Emergence Magazine Podcasts. 
3. Digging in the dirt, preparing the garden, creating space for lush foods to grow. 
4. Walking in the woods with my Gracie
5. Re education myself to understand the undercurrent of fear, worry and anxiety, hate to say it but some abandonment issues are coming up too. 
6. Contemplating in solitude, and peace.
7. When I pull in I can work on the art of my life then  I can better create a life of art. 
8. Slipping in a guided meditation now and then from Jill Pape Lemke-Breaking Beyond

The idea of taking a break or stepping back  is challenging. I know I've ramble on about this topic before and some have witness my repeat behaviors.  "Oh here she goes again." Trusting that it's time for a slowing down or you might crash kind of moments.  I've been fortunate to be doing what I do for 26 years. Creating an income in may streams and always making the changes I needed. Change is inevitable which circle back around to stay moving in my book .

I've been in deep for along time to know this will pass and Spring will have Sprung and New Ideas will push the flood gates open.  Season, cycles we have to honor them and I do honor this time now. Events have been set in motion and others need to rest. This is what they call, "Loving on yourself."

So no Tack Down Tuesday's just 
time to continue on a spiritual
 creative growth path 
for new works to emerge. 


You're probably wondering what is she rambling on about as she's going to be teaching a workshop and talking about slowing down or taking a break...makes no sense.  I have some ideas that I need to play out a bit and I want a clear calendar for that to really explore. So I personally need to watch what I do and take on so that I have a clear time slate to work within.  

The sounds of nature are comforting and calming. I'll be teaching a workshop tomorrow online virtually with 13 students.  This is all part of a cycle as to question before presenting a workshop to ground and center myself spiritually. Just honestly praying for guidance, I trust that once I put my apron on all will be good.  Silly thing, it brings me comfort and knowledge of past workshops.  Am I a bit nervous sure but more aware then nervous.  Well best get a move on things, so much to be grateful for and I can only hope everyone will have a good time.  I know I'm excited to teach and share some vulnerable stuff. 

Comments

Popular Posts