deep diving again...with good reflections

From Julia Cameron-Walking in this World, 

"Art" is less about what we could be and more about what we are than we normally acknowledge. When we are fixated on getting better, we miss what it is we already are- and this is dangerous because we-as we are- are the origin of our art. "We" are what makes our art original. If we are always striving to be something more and something different, we dilute the power of what it is we actually are. Doing that, we dilute our art.


Because we-as we are- are the origin of our art. "We" are what makes our art original. 

I remember that when I started out with four young kido's under 7 running around distraction up the butt hole, creating on a card table. loud sounds, things going by that rolled on the floor, dogs barking etc.    This was my life and my world...and if I was going to wait for the perfect setting I would never do the art.  I learned to do the art with chaos all around me...mind you a good chaos, family.  So when I read this paragraph in Week 4 of Walking in this World...I totally understood what she was saying. 

Now my life is a bit calmer, half the young adult have moved out, still have dogs  roaming around and listening to me ramble about life stuff and I've going through as a human being a lot of stuff...life stuff and come out on the other side....grateful and saved by art or the processes along the way that allow me to make my art...keeping the tactile needs taking care of. 


Comments

Popular Posts