Sunday, July 31, 2016

Reflections on Mineral Point WI-Shake Rag Alley



Yesterday I caught up on a few computer things and then headed out to the woods...it's become a wonderful habit to do after a workshop, event or little road trip.  It's about processing the images, people, time and space. I know I need more time lately to do this as I venture in the second half of my life. I'm grateful for that too.  As I began my walk  I was greeted by a young red tail hawk in the tree limb very low, it didn't fly away which was unusual.  They don't like to be to close to us human type...so I continued walking and took it as a little blessing.. Lot of the path was washed away by the flooding rains the past two days but one had to be watchful and adventure to get through those spots.   I was lead or guided by a Baltimore Oriel for long way on the path...thought that was different...it sway back and forth in from of me...again for along time and up in the pine branch as I walked under. Feeling very blessed and open to receive....As I walked there were a few others out there...which was another odd things...A family with Twin boys...riding there bikes and a mother walking very little ones boy/girl twins....us having 25 years old twins...I said to them We do survive and get through it all.   I ended with a wonderful dance from a hummerbird moth at the bee balm...I was wondering for many weeks now if I would see one again and there it was.    So my time to process and reflect ended with a wild life adventure...or I forgot a doe also ran out in from of me on the path.. 


 Myself, Doris my cousin and Jane Wilcoxson at her gallery in Mineral Point...we had to do a selfie..I know I'm a bit late on the self crazy but it's fun and not easy to do because we as humans have become more self conscious and want all to be perfect before a photo is taken...but I love the Real Awesome Wholesomeness of it.  Yes it's to say we were there and to market a friends gallery but so what... using technology in the good way.   We spend a long time there talking about many a great things.  I meant Jane when I took a few Life Drawing session some years a go in Naperville at the Woman's Club...


 At first I thought it was real but not....so had to get a close photo of it ...lots of morning dove around.

 A little history about the Name Shake Rag... Doris and I explore a good walking path that lead us up where the mines were and we got a good site of the town this way too.  We packed it all in as best we could in two days.

Jane's Gallery entrance...love it! all the grasses and tall Milkweeds. 


I loved this building and gallery space...Brewery Pottery Studio...at the end of town down from Shake Rag Alley Center for the Arts and Crafts. We chatted with Diana a while there too.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very cool place! I love that wooden dove!! I also love how you appreciate and take in all your wildlife sightings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Robin...it was a great experience...not as good a Colorado I'm sure but any time away like this is the best. Right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura