Happy 4th of July


Sitting out back on patio after a pre 4th of July night. The dogs were both very upset and we knew they would be.   Sleeping with one big one in bed and other wandering around whom can't hear or see was a bit disoriented by it all and still upset by them..Carl with his cataracts was trying to make sense of the lights and I'm sure he felt the vibration from the loud booms.  

I just amazes me how everything is so calm this morning outside.  The lovely sounds of the nuthatch and the flutter of the quick flying Chickadee making its way to and from the feeder right by the table on the patio.

This piece is a demo piece I did up at Dillman's this year and I haven't touched it since. Sometimes I go back in there and finish it up.  Not sure if that is what I need to do.

I'm not sure what we will do today in celebration. Our family is spread out so far and some of the others...well we don't do much with them, odd I know but it is what it is...so the holiday celebration tend to be small. No grand kids yet or expected for a long time so enjoying the solitude and simplest of it all.

Parades, Fireworks and Party celebrations are passing us...And I'm really not so sad about it... I use to host many of these celebration...lots of work before and after.  So might be time to just let it pass with a bit of grace and understand what it really was all about...it was all cloudy by years of drinking and partying like that...all good stuff, thank God we grow out of that in this house.  Our Independence and Birth of United States of America.     Some of us need a reminder..(Me as of what this was all about)

I sound like a Debbie Downer but the way things are going with the new elections it's hard to have faith in the way the country is run these days...what happen?  Well I know I will try to be in the ebb and flow of the natural world and enjoy the present moment with the people closest to me today.  

Comments

  1. Love this one - the dancer really embodies the celebration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts