So this is how it goes.....

Been listening to Big Magic as I scout and scoot around and had a moment this morning...yes I have moments when the self talk is not my friend....

And the best thing it face what you are next to do not matter what.  "Show up, Dang it"  silence the self talk and let go of the other stuff...you should be doing this and what about making work like that....Stay focused, Stay ground and steady with your plans....I don't know where they'll take me but I do know it feels so good to allow it to surface and come out the ideas that is...Once I started with my apron on and cutting some paper out all else when to out banks.



Yes it's a Painted Mare/War Pony again....and I'm taking action on my assignment for myself.  that is to make three of these and well they're taking on a life of it's own...as of I wanted painted horse or pintos....and then seeing war ponies painted up so cool then the trees got involved in there with Earth prayers....so this one will have oak leaves and another earth prayer.

   I used book page for parts of mane and the beautiful Violet Oxide Golden fluid for the color.  I saw during my horseback riding lesson a black and white one with markings like this....so I begin and start another...

A Ute Prayer for the Earth,

Earth teach me freedom as the eagle which soars the sky.
Earth teach me regeneration as the seed which rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness as dry fields weep with rain.

 
this is from the shaggy bark hickory one. 


The husband wants me to make more of these....hard when passion want's both...sticking to a plan and letting it play out.

Being a maker of things is awesome job but hard some times when you want to be creating it all at the same time...Saying pray...Good Orderly Direction, please slow down I can't keep up, LOL...


Comments

Popular Posts