A daily dose of collage creativity, in images, words and thoughts. Always remember, "Everything will be alright in the end...if it is not alright it must not be the End"

Friday, August 07, 2015

about Fear....

So I'm reading about fear in Walking in the World Book II Julia Cameron and yesterday I was preparing most of the day with papers drying between loads of laundry and dishes.   I could feel the anxiety rise and fall.  I was able to fit in nice walk in the woods, on the first time around the idea popped in...yes I mean it popped in that I should apply for the Art Markers Workshop submission in Denver and this time with the collage meditation I do when I have a long workshop I should add a visual meditation. I began the second time around with my walk and even though I'm walking in the woods I play out the visualization in mind....and before I know it I done walking the two miles.   The whole day and not into today I have carried it with me. My natural anxiety was a level that was much easier to hand.  (all about making sure I prepared and have all my eggs in one basket, heck the last time I forgot my paints when I did a demo four years ago.)   About two hours before leaving for the long drive out to Sycamore I sat at the computer and face a fear... filled out the information to submit a workshop proposal in Denver next year.  I sent it off and thought...here I'm afraid of messing up a demo and was also afraid of sending this out...you know the mind melting that natural comes and goes...  I received a email right back and the person said this Looks Great but can you send us a Bio?  I was thinking, Sure...why didn't I send it from the start...and wow she received it already and said it look great as possible workshop...now this is just like a juried exhibit there are lots of people submitting.  So at this point I feel a win win....

Had a awesome demo and the group was large and what a great place to hold meeting...nice mirror over my head so they all could see and they were so welcoming...I gave them a book- Incite 2 that 3 piece of my work is in...they can raffle it off...at another meeting or put it in their library if they want.

I guess what I want to say is while I had some anxiety about one thing...(all natural and good) I calmed it down with doing another things that I was even more afraid of doing...Nix's one by doing the other...leave the homestead and hit the road feel Awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura