A while back....about a month ago


 I witness the town of Darien trying to help out the flood area that seems to be acting up again on the other end of town. We seem to handle things around here for now but not for long as the cattails do what they do and grow and grow and grow like rabbits...that growth then layers up and decomposes in to a marshy earthly sentiment, which is filling the Basin. Every year around early spring I feel it's a duty to clean what I can around this area...the municipal fella's are to clean it but that doesn't happens... About three years into doing this the Neighbors started to help and now we all keep a watch for what we can pick up and dispose of correctly.  After the burn that didn't' work well because the cattails are in a wet basin of course and when the heat was burning the tops off the water wicked up and stopped any burning process that was to happen. the winds were blowing so it should have burned nice.   I couldn't believe that they were burning cattails...but they do..do this. If they want to not have the cattails the will have to invest lots of money to dig them out...and haul out the dirt.

So for the last month of driving and walk by with the dogs all I seen was the trash that was thrown in there. It wasn't visible and it just was eating at me so this past Sunday Morning instead of walking dogs or taking a walk in the woods... I went out for about two and a half hours in my big rubber boots and rubber glove with my hoe and about 4 big garbage bags to clean up. (the family...there's goes mom again.)


little selfie...

Happy to say I filled three and found a brand new trash bag full tossed out there and a muddy rusting mail box...it's cleaned up and my heart isn't aching to see that all out there...I think about the old story.


Once upon a time, there were four people; their names were Everybody, Somebody,
Nobody and Anybody. Whenever there was an important job to be done, Everybody was
sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. When
Nobody did it, Everybody got angry because it was Everybody¹s job.
Everybody thought that Somebody would do it, but Nobody realized that Nobody
would do it. So consequently Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what
Anybody could have done in the first place.


Take action where needed, be responsible and stop depending on someone else to do....what amazes me with this all is newspapers, left over plastic bags and alcoholic cans and gallon size bottles..and the mail box were the collection treasures... Add alcohol and be responsible...NOT   

Comments

  1. Good on you Laura...and that's a great little story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many other passions in my life as we all do have.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts