A lifting of insight and a layer of inspiration.


Insight

Inspiration 

Are the same thing?

Insight- The act or outcome of grasping the inward or hidden nature of things or of perceiving in an intuitive manner.
(there's my word-Intuitive)

Inspiration-
1. stimulation or arousal of the mind, feelings, etc., to special or unusual activity or creativity
2. the state or quality of being so stimulated or aroused
3. someone or something that causes this state
4. an idea or action resulting from such a state
 
 
I posted this image this morning after good walk a-bout  in my morning pages, some personal meditation and some worksheets I've received recently from Ariane Goodwin, Ed.D
 
With my word this year Intuitive I've been really turning inward and listening to the Gut....but lately even though I've had some awesome evidence/accomplishments from doing that all of my life the last month or so I've questioned it but still went forward.  Does that make sense? There's been other things going on that have had me also trying to make sense of things but this being the most important.  
 
Well with not being out there at all the art fairs I've done in the pass years and turning to teaching a bit more this year...it's had a different effect and with Mid-life and relooking at the next part I can't help but take inventory with some cautious and dare I say it fear...and that's the word I would like to kick in the pants is fear...it's always there ready...but what I've found over and over again is the answers lay in me with my intuitive nature and with that connection which comes from a higher source, Great Spirit, Good Orderly Direction, God etc...  I've been able to put the boots back on and keep moving forward (good training from the parents)
 
I've been busting a move for some time now and a damn good one at that...and accepting a time of rest and regrouping is where I'm at...the fear of advertising a studio flip or the red dot home show was a risk..not yet happened but on it's way in a big way...making progress but this is such a kick in the pants in the right way.  Going a bit crazy to become more balanced has been an event of vintage capacity. People do it all the time in some form or another. it's a natural thing.  
 
I spent from 8am to 4:30 with a half hour lunch break in my studio going through everything under my tables...sounds so goofy as of what the heck do you have under the long tables that would have you in your studio that long...well let me tell you...paper...stuff and more stuff.  I packaged up handmade papers in clear bags for sale...$3 single pack and 2 for $5...that took a long, long time. Oh I did snag some of the handmade papers I wanted to keep but I've had this old zipper clear bag from comforter I bought some time ago chalk-full of handmade papers stacked nicely...now there going.
 
Mary Gayle once told me "Life is about letting go" hard but so necessary. Bless you Mary Gayle...that has stuck with me for so long.
 
One might ask why?  Well I'll tell you...I've grown from where I was some 6 or more years ago and by doing that everything else is effect by that.. Change that lovely event in our life's...it's when we don't want it and it can't come fast enough when we do...
 
Rambling...you bet'cha   But for a way out and through to the next chapter...It's Wednesday and it's a day I kind of spend with myself and treat myself kindly so off to do that and maybe spend it in the studio sitting nicely and sorting through some of my many drawer of small stuff now...I honestly can't wait to put this show on...the excitement of getting rid of this stuff and having more space is killing me. (not really but it's insightful and inspirational.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts