A daily dose of collage creativity, in images, words and thoughts. Always remember, "Everything will be alright in the end...if it is not alright it must not be the End"

Friday, November 02, 2012

Canvas 10

 
I've been working on these larger canvas since May of this year. I'm loving them. What I realized is there is no school bus yellow in this one...had the paper made but just didn't seem to call out.  I dropped off the other piece "Unity" with the big round blue circle in it at the Photographers and another one from a while ago that I just go back from J2 gallery...I wanted to get some prints of it so there's a sale and I figured I take advantage of that.  

Been missing the routine of every two weeks I would have a new one to be photographed. Well I accomplished more then I thought but still didn't finish the assignment of making 12 of these big pieces.  Actually I sold one at my Outdoor Studio Exhibit so I'll really have only 11 which is fine with me as it was testimony to the new direction I'm headed in.

As I was tearing my papers to fit the canvas and the compositions the thought of regular puzzles never really appealed to me. I did them but got bored fast...but here I am cutting tearing and fitting paper piece in to place much like a puzzle. The difference is the piece is going together the way I see fit not the way it was cut from a machine. The edge of the papers and the torn verses the straight really are where the excitement comes in.   And with these bigger piece I have to sit for long time ironing the coated paper to the canvas..or really it's fusing or melting the coated layer. I'm touching every surface and I know the papers so well by the time I'm done it's amazing.

Well I'm a happy campers as I was up in the studio, harmony is restored.. and life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura