A daily dose of collage creativity, in images, words and thoughts. Always remember, "Everything will be alright in the end...if it is not alright it must not be the End"

Thursday, March 08, 2012

Accepted for a Banner

Change in the Air
A Tack Down Tuesday image I submitted for a Banner design was accepted.  Waiting to hear back where I should send correct image size...but how cool is that?  I really do like this piece,  the city grunge look to it.  There is collage papers and about 4 image transfers on top of each other..

And this piece made from a Desk Drawer as a frame and the art work is on the canvas secured to the desk drawer and piece where picked up as I walked the streets and alley ways of down town LaGrange...You see this piece was created a while back as Robert Rauschenberg did...He would start a piece and then go for a walk and pick up trash and discard junk and apply it to his canvas waiting in the studio.. So I'll be dropping this off for a added piece in the Addison Center for the Fine Arts. They needed an extra piece to fill a spot open on the wall. How fitting that I had this piece for it.

this is Robert Rauschenberg's piece Called, Satellite, 1955.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the banner (love the blacks and greys~~my kind of piece!) and also love finding the desk drawer and using it for the collage frame.
    I am quickly learning the beauty of *junk* and drag home much more than I should.
    Ah well.... :-) ....life is good!

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anne I have a walk in closet full of good junk in my studio...one wonderous glory day I'll be creating with it too.

    I'm still trying to find out if I get a banner...but if not it was still a great thing to be picked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny, Laura! For some reason unknown to only my subconscious I wanted to look up the meaning of "crows" in art! The first site I opened was yours...I just took your collage workshop two weeks ago, and now you have gotten a piece of art with a crow on it into a show! One reason I was wondering, is because I mentioned to a friend as we looked at an exhibit, that I always like pictures/paintings with crows and moons. She looked at me and said "What are you, a witch!?" Somehow, crows have never been ominous to me??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant,known only to my subconscious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura